Mountain Biking in Meribel
Officially recoginsed by the French Cycling Federation, Meribel offers 165km of mountain biking terrain, including a range of Downhill, Enduro and Cross-Country Trails!
Mountain Biking in Meribel Overview
The Meribel Valley bike park offers a variety of different trails for varying abilities. The various trails can be identified by a name or number and their difficulty level can be identified by a colour ranging from Green to Black. As with skiing, green identifies beginner trails, blue (intermediate), red (confirmed) and black (expert).
All of the trails in the Meribel Valley are serviced by two lifts, The Tougnete in Meribel Centre and Pas du Lac in Meribel Mottaret. Both lifts have a mid station you can get off at or continue on to the top which then links with either Courchevel or Val Thorens.
Meribel Valley Bike Park By Numbers
- Over 100km of trails in the Meribel Valley alone.
- 11 Downhill Moutain Bike trails totalling 35km.
- The Downhill trails consist of 1 green, 3 blue, 4 red, 2 black, 1 double black.
- 10 Enduro trails totalling 104km.
- The Enduro trails consist of 1 green, 2 blue, 3 red, 4 black.
- 4 Cross-Country trails totalling 26km
- The Cross-country trails consist of 1 green, 1 blue, 1 red, 1 black.
- There are also 3 trails dedicated for Electric Mountain Bikes.
Three Valleys and Meribel Trail Map
On the trails map the downhill trails are marked with a downwards pointed arrow whilst the cross-country or enduro routes are marked with a circle making them easily identifiable.
Download the Three Valley and Meribel Trail Map below:
Bike Washing Stations
There are three bike washing points in Meribel.
Meribel Les Allues (1100m) at "La Maison des Générations"
Meribel Centre (1450m) at Tougnete Gondola
Meribel Mottaret (1750m) at Pas du Lac Gondola